Wednesday 30 March 2011

Shoe vs. Dog

Whoever has a dog, raise your hand. Whoever has a dog that they love (for some reason) even though he chews everything in sight. *raises hand*

Last night, Jeremy and I were talking about how Gibson (our chocolate lab) was becoming quite "bold". By bold I mean stealing food when there's a chance or opening to do so, licking Layne's spoon clean while I'm waiting for Layne to be ready for another spoonful of pablum, and chewing stuff just because he is angry, for whatever reason. I mean, he's still a puppy, yes. And he is a lot better than he used to be, but it still drives us nuts!!!
I let Gibson out into the backyard this morning and notice that Jeremy's boot had lost the battle between itself and the dog. I had to laugh a little. It IS Jeremy's fault for leaving his boots out there knowing our dog has a habit of bypassing his Kong (chew toy) to chew on people's things. But I also had to laugh because as I was taking this picture, I realized that Gibson's cuteness has saved him multiple times. He really is a good dog. Great with Addi and Layne, and he has more of a personality than most people do. AND, if he left us, we would all miss him dearly. He came over to me and looked at me as if he was saying "Mommy.. I chewed the shoe, but now you have something to blog about!" Not to mention wanting his presence known in the picture.. :P 

“No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich."- Louis Sabin

No comments:

Post a Comment