Friday 1 April 2011

Sun makes me thankful!

Today when I went grocery shopping there were ladies from the Canadian Cancer Society selling daffodils. I'm always, always, always wanting to give to the CCS so, obviously, I bought a bunch. They weren't open and to be honest, they looked somewhat...yucky. The lady handed them to me and said "put them in warm water when you get home, let this beautiful sun shine on them, and within a couple hours they'll be beautiful."
So I did just that.
As you will see in the picture below, they did turn out beautiful. Now not only today did I enjoy the sunshine that will be bringing Spring, I got some pretty flowers out of it too. I can't help but look at them and think how fortunate I am. I've never had to deal with having cancer or a disease. I've lost so many family members and friends to cancer and it's so unfortunate. But I have also witnessed so many strong people fight and beat cancer. From a great-aunt of mine who I love dearly, to a handsome little boy we know who is honestly a huge inspiration to me. Looking at these flowers on my dining room table I realize that life is all about being thankful everyday for what you DO have.


It's amazing what a sunny day can do, eh? :)

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment